Saturday, May 26, 2007

Tour to Delhi City ( I live at gurgaon)

Some kind of landmark thingy for the early freedom fighters of India. Took this picture from the car so they would look like they were running.
Ventured into Delhi City to meet the Tata interns. had KFC for lunch and watched a Hindi movie at the above movie theatre. it really is a grand affair for them. Bomb checks, Marble floored toilets, cool chairs that can slide so you can lie down to watch the movie. It costs 175 Ruppees for a ticket during the weekend. Very affordable if you ask me :)
This is the place where all the other SMU interns work at. I work at a separate office :(
Cute little public taxis which I doubt I will be able to withstand during the 1.5 hr drive to Delhi.
Dont know why, but I like this picture. It calls out to me. Love the pillars and rustic feel. It stands out against the rest of Delhi.

A typical scene from Delhi. Make sure to note that this is the modern Delhi. When and if I do make a trip down to Old Delhi I will put up photos to contrast the two.
Qiqi- Orientation Group buddy.

Outside the famous bakery with a rich history (found on lonely planet) with Kangwei (one of the new Tata intern friends I made)
With backdrop of Delhi in the background. Bertrand and I finally found our way into the inner city radius to meet the rest. Our driver seemed clueless on how to get to our destination.
With Yinna inside the bakery. Trigger happy - Singaporeans... Tsk tsk
Some of the cakes on display. One thng I realised is that Indian food has loads of sweet stuff for desserts. (Mummy! your favourite!)
Definately looking happy with our purchases. The Bharti interns (Bertrand and I) bought 13 pieces of pastries! To eat for the weekend :)


A nice day at Delhi but there's nothing to buy!!! The malls here sell dresses for 80 Sing dollars! Amazingly expensive if you ask me. The Hindi movie was a funny experience. Had to have the movie translated to me in bits and pieces and cook up a whole picture. The movie "Shootout" was horribly gruesome. Loads of violent killing scenes admist the looking cool portions and macho Bollywood dance sequences. Im looking forward to watching a Romance show now.
Shrek 3 and Pirates of the Carribean will only come out on 1st June here :( Well I can save up and look forward to that...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey girlie... it all looks good and fun! :) i'm really happy for you, you look like you're enjoying urself a little bit. email me whenever, dear girl! *hug* miss you, sunshine.

jun