Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Down to Business

Men cant really stand demanding lady bosses.


Power Women can take over the world, or have already done so. Haven't you realised that we already have with our charm, wit and supposed submissiveness?





Dressing up and getting down to work. These are some of the interns who are in the telecomms department. It's their first working day today while it's my third. Spent the first two days researching and talking to people to try to understand and comprehend the Indian retail Industry. The Internet has proven to be a hard tool to manipulate and people relations still rock the house. Made conversation with one of the MBA interns and he helped me out by giving me the retail reports and data he had collated before. This brief experience has left a deep impression on me as it is a stark contrast to the unwillingness to share one's work back home. Plus it made me feel accepted.


India has taught me a few beautiful lessons:
1) The People: They love their group identity and stay close together. The department makes it a point to all eat together everyday.
2) The Food: Wed and Fri are meat days. TGIF
3) The Service: I feel like royalty! But that does not mean we cant take a second to thank those who serve us.
4) The challenge: It is such a big country, I cant help but feel like a pebble in the ocean and what Im seeing is just the water surface.
5) The Blackouts: It has taught me to be comfortable in my own skin. It's these moments where I feel like I find the Celine inside.

PS: Thanks for believing in me. This journey will teach me gratitude and humility.

No comments: