Sunday, June 24, 2007

One of the Seven Wonders

A trip to the Place of the Seventh Wonder!
This was how we got there. By an air-conditioned coach, complete with Indian Bollywood TV screens and blasting zen music.
First up: The Visit to the Agra Fort. It looks similar to the Red Fort but it was twice as crowded.
Blue skies marking the start of a beautiful day.
It takes alot of self-control to not roll around in the green green grass.
I still like my clothes.
The lovely Mughal architecture
The garden inside the Fort.
This little Indian boy ran up here and posed. No one took pictures and I realised that he wanted me to click him. So adorable dont you think?
So I had to take a picture with him. The moment I went up there and stood next to him, his family whipped up their cameras to snap pictures. I think Chinese women are rare here.

A group picture of the interns who went on this Agra adventure: Bert, Melvin, Jamorn, Vikram. Oh and that's me in the middle.
I love love love this pic.


Do I look scary in this? i tried to look arty-farty.


The Taj in the Distance.
An Indian couple that looks so in love. Asked them if I could click them. Somehow they match the surroundings.






Bert the archiologist.

Definately a tourist attraction.
My friend was so proud of his pic. He thinks he's a professional now cos he managed to capture the women wearing colourful sarees in the background.






I am the Queen. You may serve me now.
Peek-a-Boo


The long queue for the ladies to get into the Taj Mahal.
The entrance to the Palace.
Picture Perfect - The Symbol of Undying Love

Chah-Jehan raised the other to the memory of his wife Tage Mehale, that extraordinary and celebrated beauty, of whom her husband was so enamoured it is said that he was constant to her during life, and at her death was so affected as nearly to follow her to the grave - François Bernier
In 1631 Shah Jahan, emperor during the Mughal's period of greatest prosperity, was griefstricken when his second wife, Mumtaz Mahal, died during the birth of their fourteenth child. Hence it was said that Jahan's grief form the basis of the love story traditionally held as the inspiration for the Taj Mahal






Jamorn on top of the world!!!

SMU Ambassador spotted doing her normal jump poses at the Seventh Wonder.

I wanna push the guys over the railing, so tempted to do so :)







A look of Longing.

Inside the Taj Mahal where the tombs of His and Her Majesty lay.
My Indian family. Haha. We seemed like tourist attractions ourselves. The locals here will come up to me and ask to take a picture. Once you start, there would be a queue that forms.
Parting Shot: I Love the Taj Mahal!!!









No comments: