Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just by being thoughtful can make someone's day!

This morning I woke up later than usual but it was the sweet thoughtful gestures that brightened my day. It really is a start to a good week, I shall be positive from now on.

Was the last at breakfast this morning and usually we have a plate of cut fruits – mangoes, papayas and bananas. But some of the other interns finished all the mangoes so I was disappointed cos it is the most delicious fruit here. Lo and behold, the moment I set down at the table, the guest house assistant/ cook brought out a huge plate of freshly cut chilled mangoes for me!!! N they were sweeter than the first batch that was finished I was so happy ;) Shared it with the interns who didn’t get a bite of the mango this morning.

It was Ashima’s dad’s birthday yesterday and they had two cakes so she brought in the second cake to the office to share with us. It’s by far one of the best cakes I have eaten. Smooth dark chocolate with marble mixtures of white chocolate coated the moist layers of cake that had alternate layers of blackforest cream and choc cream. ‘The gang of Girls” (us) had two slices of cake each cos it was simply irresistible.

All these small gestures of sharing and thoughtfulness has sparked the light of today for me. Who has sparked your light with their thoughtfulness lately?

No comments: