Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pics of Nice Veg Food (Snack)

This is the way they cook our food, cook our food, cook our food. This is the way they cook our food... every morning, aft n evening.
That's the youngest helper cutting up the tofu. Their tofus are made of cow's milk, not the usual soya milk back home. Cant blame me for putting on weight eh?
This helper went to put on the AIRTEL T-shirt the moment I brought my camera into the kitchen. Hehe the wonders of technology, it motivates men to literally dress up.
I bet he is my age or younger. It's such a weird feeling cos pple my age are studying, while he works, cooks, does the laundry for a living. Hmmm maybe it's his passion. Singaporean girls! Would you like him? He could make a terrific housemate!
I just wanted to show a picture of me in my new black jacket. haha.. the guys think i look like a teenage mutant ninja turtle/ assasin/ charlie's angel... I think u get the idea.
Snacking after work. It's really quite fun. Reminds me of the times when we have snacks and desserts after school or something.
This delicious snack is called chaat. It's like a mixture of kokopok (crackers) in a mixture of sauces like yoghurt (curd) sweet sauce, some sour sauce. Topped with nice nuts, steamed nuts and promegrate fruits. A really nice veg snack :)
Ashima bought it for me. Although I paid the cashier, she told him "NO NO how can I let her pay?" And he obediently gave the money back. The power of being a local.
More snacks! Im looking forward to the cool snacks they have here. So colourful and full of flavor. It bursts into savory flavors of sweet, sour with a tangy aftermath when you bite into it.
We didnt buy from the streetside. Need to play it safe cos me as the Singaporean has a relatively weak immune system.

2 comments:

Lady Cupcake said...

oh my oh my good food! your blog will soon turn out to be like mine; nothing but a food diary.

i like it, you sound so happy ;)

the weather is blah in leuven now. it's hot and then cold again; and it's getting so hard to study for the exams. burrrr. send me your address by email pls! i want to send some love the nice slow way. <3<3

IndianPrincess said...

hehe i think i have been influenced by u babe! all these snacks and stuff. well there's nothing else to photograph here. Although I have set my sights on taking pictures of the streetlife, the moment I gain enough courage to do so. There are so many homeless people here who beg on the roads, so many cars that honk for the sake of horning, so many cows that have been abandoned. im trying not to get too depressed whenever i see sad sights.

Hope the exam preparations are goign well dear! Your previous posts were evidence of you having too much fun! I love the skies in your pictures. Somehow one can imagine the air and atmosphere there. Cool with a tinge of excitment! I will send my add via yr sch mail :) Good luck for the exams!