Monday, July 2, 2007

My Weekend at Noida

Stayed over at Ashima's place in Noida. Her house is absolutely grand n beautiful.
That's ME in her driveway which can fit four cars.
This is her best friend called Ishrat. We met for lunch at this Sizzler House which was famous for Chinese hotplates.
I couldn't resist the black pepper lamb steak sizzler plate. Just typing this out is making my mouth water. What I would give to have Chinese daily.
No one could change Ashima's mind about her French chicken dish, she thinks it's the best out of all our dishes.
What a rare sight - MEAT
After shopping at Janpath market, we headed here to Khan market which is reputed for its white skinned-crowd and tailors who have done suits for George Bush or someone big.
We headed to this quiet and upcoming stretch of shops that were known to be works of the local designers. The Shoe garage - voted one of the best shopping ares in Delhi.
Our load in the front seat
My very sweet pair of white wedges - by far the most expensive footwear I have bought here cos it's designer's.

A jewelled booklet n mirror set for mama
An elegant black sequinned bag for mommy
My pair of silver ethnic chopals
Cherie do you like this white top or the brown one with flowers (below)?
Superstar Vogue goggles (sunglasses) and off-gold beaded necklace


Ok Cherie I was refering to this. It looks like the ones you got for CNY

Stuff from FabIndia! - Volumnising shampoo n fav creme top
My new handbag!!! I really like this. there was one in light pink and gold trimmings instead of bronze. But it would be impractical to buy both bags.
Ok this is ME - dressed up and ready to head to greater Kaliash for dinner



Dinner and drinks n loads of girly company - for once
Playing "spot Celine" in Ashima's atrium (garden in the house - like a sunwell)
Her living room which her mommy designed. I think she has talent!
The guys came to pick me up to go to Akshaadam. However the queues were 500 people-long and things like cameras, cell phones. all electronic devices, etc are not allowed in. No one with clothes ending above the knees were allowed in either.

So we had to settle with posing outside the gates of Akshaadam. Guess who's great idea it was?? haha anyway after 30 min of contemplation, we decided to not go in as it required too much trouble n effort. People had to fill in forms too!


PS: Mommy I thought you might like this picture. this pose reminded me of your pretty poses when we took pics at Sentosa - do you remember? I recall telling myself to be like you.. haha
Bert was throwing a tantrum cos there was nothing else to do... SO some genius came up with the idea of exploring the big shopping malls in Noida - aircon, coffee cafes, huge clothes shops, etc.
See the boys looked so contented to be travelling to this shopping haven. :) Aloy, I bought a pink Tee for you.
"Who's fire should I extinguish today?" I found this fire engine on the road, dont you think it looks Broadway?

End of Noida weekend: An iceblended frap in hand, muffins n triple layered cakes in our tummies made these three guys n a girl very happy.





No comments: