Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Over the weekend I fell sick, got well and made a lovely trip down to Rishikesh, the place near the Himalayan Mountains. The 9-hour drive down to that place (which I assure you is pure torture) was well worth the pain. When we saw the raw beauty of India that Nature had to offer, my heart melted to the smooth flows of the Ganges River. Children were playing and swimming in the shallow waters, while people up on the bridges were crossing this wooden suspension to get to the rows of temples on either side. The now familiar sounds of traffic horns blazing was a distant cry to the melodious thump of the majestic river. We had to take a short 5 minute drive to get to the top of the river, so that we could experience the jolts from the rapids while water-rafting. Those nine hours of butt-soreness was compensated with this peaceful adventure that screamed of fun and laughter while the soul was humbled by being near this masterpiece.
Legends have it that this statue was carved by the hands of the river that came from the mountains.
Water Rafting ALL SET BOYS!
The girly version. The temple's aura was touching me even though I was half a river away.
The amazing bridge that could hold the weight of so many while suspending over the river.

Group pic
The long never-ending drive back home to the Gurgaon Desert.
On the drive home, we got lost in some Reserve Park where tigers and elephants roam or something. Didn't see them but I caught sight of a pretty tree.
Three Indian boys on a Chinese Bridge at a food stopover.
This place is beautiful! it reminded me of a trip I made to Cameron Highlands when I was seven.


Do not be deceived by the serene picture that my camera has captured. It looks cool but it's so HOT! Delhi was supposed to be 46 degrees at that moment. Although I away from there, I bet it was still 35 degrees at least.
This foodstop called Cheetah Green has many funny signs lying around. And it has amazing Chicken Tandoori too!
Could not resist running around a tree in India.
All that veg Indian food made me go crazy and evil when I saw birds. (PS: The Holy Rishikesh place I went to does not allow meat, or any vice for that matter)
Evidence of real hot weather: Daddy! Thanks for your thoughtfulness about the moisture spray, it came in handy. The guys were all fighting to use it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heh heh. so many men. But that one looked good in that picture only :(