Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Weekend Trip to Chandigarh

This lovely city is the first planned city in the whole of India and it reminded me of a very peaceful n leisure form of Singapore. The roads are wide n free of clutter, there were dustbins everywhere n trees n grass on all free spaces. This lovely girl here is Arshia, Ashima's sister, who is Cherie's age. haha

On the first official day, we went to the Rock Garden. This place is awesome, it has pretty fountains

n garden sculptures

ashimaaaaaaaaaaaaa

n structures made or broken plates n bowls... all part of the government's efforts to promote an environmentally friendly culture. Im impressed I must say...

Some of the sculptures were actually made from broken bangles too
The local TV stations like to come here to film their Punjabi movies n TV series



I must say this place stuck a chord in my heart. It is so different from all other parts of India. N the culture of the people here differs too, they are more conscious of their surroundings, n would rather pocket their rubbish to bring home to throw over littering. Or this might just be the great upbringing of my friends.


Aunty n I - extremely lovely woman who cooked Thai food for me n gave me a pearl necklace n a silver bangle.
Ashima n her daddy


Vogue moment - priceless
Family Perspective - Hilarious


The Famous Lake where people take strolls along n where Arshia picked up the Marijuana leave-lookalikes


The Open Hand Structure that symbolises "Open to give, open to receive".


No comments: