Monday, July 30, 2007

Jaisalmer: Stepping into the great unknown

The train station
Taj Rajwala - the hotel which John Lenon and Amitah Bachan left testimonials about.
My beautiful bed

With a great lounge area.
And a beautiful view. Apparently the hotel is within a real fort from great times
Going into the city to meet my friend the COW
MOO!!


Trying on turbans and alibaba pants...

Our city guide who is studying Psychology to be a professor. He lives in Kashmir but comes here for summer to help his uncle.
Celine.. Singh
The local children








Mansions of the past.
Nick and I







Childhood - I miss that



Door after door, step after step





The Past
The dark alley
Jaisalmer was also known as the Golden City
Robin and I
All those guilty as charged of having too much fun


Melvin and I





Calf in the cot

This was/ is the residence of the Prime Ministers - I think...


The vegetable market
The children who work there
The happy faces that light up the streets

Old men gathering


My camel!!! Please meet Janni - the prettiest camel ever. He has golden hairs in his ears and a relatively long mane. His fur is silkier than the rest!!!
Everyone wants to pose with my camel


Janni is just a star
Haha big celebrity
Ok Melvin n his camel - who happens to look like a cowboy soft toy here

Jamorn says nick looks a lil like a camel here.. hahaha

The village in the desert
Our lunch stop at the water hole where we watched animals come and go
Fighting with turban cloth


Till then... more pics coming up...













2 comments:

Lady Cupcake said...

nick is in india too? i haven't seen him in eons! and hahaha he DOES look a little like a camel in that picture! :)

IndianPrincess said...

Haha Nic is in Mumbai, he's coming over to Delhi to keep me company next weekend. Haha Im sure he wont be too pleased with the camel compliment. How are you my dear?